If you’re looking to explore the beauty of Kauai’s coral reefs, a snorkeling tour is the perfect way to do it! Snorkeling tours offer a unique perspective on the island’s marine life and provide an up-close look at some of the most colorful fish in the Pacific. In this blog post, we’ll tell you what to expect from a Kauai snorkeling tour. We’ll also give you some tips on how to prepare for your trip.
Expect To See Some Of The Best Snorkeling Spots!
Snorkeling is a great way to get up close and personal with the underwater world, and a snorkeling tour is the best way to make the most of your experience. When you take a tour, you can expect to be taken to some of the best snorkeling spots in the area, where you’ll have the opportunity to see a wide variety of marine life. The visibility is usually better offshore, so you’ll be able to see more fish and other creatures than you would if you were snorkeling at a beach. Plus, your captain will likely know all the best places to find the most interesting marine life, so you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience.
A snorkeling tour is hands down one of the best ways to experience snorkeling on Kauai. You can read more about why Kauai is such a great snorkeling destination!
Expect Some Bumps!
Unless you’re on a cruise ship, every boat or raft will experience bumps. If you ask us, this makes the ride all the more thrilling! Your captain will do his best to make the ride smooth, but there’s always going to be a little bit of movement. We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and shoes that you can move around in easily. And if you’re prone to motion sickness, it might be a good idea to bring along some medication just in case. But overall, don’t worry too much about it! We promise that you’ll have a blast regardless.
If you are deadset on a smooth ride, try to book your trips around the summer months when Kauai’s waters are smoother.
On The Day Of Your Snorkel Tour
On the day of your snorkeling tour, regardless of who you book with you should generally expect some of the same procedures.
Arrive a bit early for your departure for safety briefings and meeting your captain, a couple of hours of tons of fun, and a ride back. This always includes some sightseeing.
When you book with Na Pali Riders, we include some light snacks and drinks, wildlife encounters, a visit to some amazing sea caves, and snorkeling gear!
How To Prepare For Your Snorkeling Tour
To prepare for the big day, you’ll want to consider the weather of that day and bring some essentials with you.
- Bring reef-safe sunscreen and lip balm. You will burn faster out on the water, so it’s best to stay on top of sunscreen and sun protection. Alternatively, you can pack UV-protected clothing, hats, and sunglasses.
- Towels, swim trunks, and a change of clothes. You will most likely want to wear your swim trunks to the tour to make things easier. Unless you want to wait in soggy clothes until you get back to your room, it’s best to bring extra clothes for after you’ve had your fun in the water.
- A light jacket or sweatshirt for the ride back. While Hawaii weather is always warm and comfortable, you might get a little cold with the wind sitting in wet swimwear.
- Sturdy water shoes. Flip flops and sandals can get lost or thrown off your feet easily. You will most likely be barefoot on the tour, so water shoes our the top recommendation.
- Don’t eat too big of a meal beforehand. You want to be light and hydrated before you embark, not full of food that you might return to the ocean on a bumpy ride.
- Drink plenty of water before and after the trip.
Take A Snorkeling Tour With Na Pali Riders
Na Pali Riders offer some of the most fun and engaging snorkeling tours on Kauai! Their knowledgeable and experienced guides will take you on an unforgettable journey through Kauai’s stunning Na Pali Coast. You’ll get to see a variety of Kauai’s amazing marine life, including turtles, dolphins, and manta rays. And, you’ll have the chance to snorkel in some of the most beautiful reefs in the world. Learn why your Kauai vacation needs a rafting tour!
Na Pali Riders’ tours are the perfect way to experience Kauai’s natural beauty and amazing wildlife. So, if you’re looking for an exciting and educational snorkeling tour on Kauai, be sure to check out Na Pali Riders!